Prepared to Lose Your Glasses? Ten ideas for selecting a LASIK or Laser Vision CorrectionThe world of ophthalmology is among the fastest evolving fields of medication. Never before have a lot of clinical breakthroughs and brand-new techniques emerged in such a short amount of time. LASIK surgical treatment, which uses an excimer laser to reshape the cornea, offers countless individuals the chance to lower or remove their requirement for contacts or glasses .
Television and radio ads are filled with remarkable stories about LASIK surgery as the fast and pain-free method to remedy vision, however stories are also appearing about people for whom it was less than effective. Prior to you choose to go under the beam, exactly what can you do to assist guarantee that you will be happy with your results?
The crucial to safe surgical treatment in any field of medicine is an educated patient. Take a little time and research the LASIK center you are thinking about for laser eye surgery. Dr. Robert K. Maloney, voted by his peers as one of America's Top Ten vision correction cosmetic surgeons in a national survey by Ophthalmology Times, uses the following guidelines to quality care and treatment.
1. Discover a medical professional by getting recommendations from other doctors or from patients who have had LASIK or laser vision correction.
Don't be deceived by fancy ads about a specific laser. Choose the doctor, not the laser.
3. Choose a doctor who has done a minimum of 5,000 LASIK or eye laser surgeries. Exactly what a medical professional doesn't understand can hurt you.
Ask for information on your doctor's LASIK eye surgical treatment problem rates. If your physician won't tell you, find another one.
5. Ask exactly what steps are required to prevent infection. Try to find a center with a dust-free or sterile operating space. Make certain that non reusable parts are not recycled. Firmly insist that your eye is thoroughly sanitized, and firmly insist that the surgical instruments be sanitized prior to your eye laser surgery to eliminate the threat of transmission of HIV or hepatitis.
Be careful of advertisements pressing "low cost" LASIK surgery. Discount rate surgical treatment is as great as a discount parachute.
7. Expect to see very well after Learn More LASIK, however don't expect to see completely. Each patient gets a slightly different result. The very best surgeon on the planet can't guarantee 20/20 vision. As with any eye laser surgery, results are as private as each patient. Be careful of any physician who promises 20/20 vision.
8. You most likely are if you feel like you're getting a difficult sell. Go somewhere else. You're not buying a vehicle; this is genuine LASIK eye surgery.
If your level of nearsightedness is more than -11 or so, implantable lenses will most likely offer better vision than LASIK. Ask your physician about them and other current advances.
10. While you investigate, do not forget the advantages: for most individuals, a life time of bad vision can be cured in 5 site link minutes. LASIK eye surgery has enhanced the vision of millions of people around the globe.